Movie review: 'Hall Pass' a predictably raunchy romp
This time they explore the dirty mind of the seven-year-itchy married man with Owen Wilson and Jason Sudeikis (â€śSaturday Night Liveâ€ť) as Rick and Fred, respectively, two guys who canâ€™t keep their eyes from wandering whenever shapely young women cross their sightlines. Trouble is, theyâ€™re not very subtle about it in front of their wives, who finally resort to the drastic measure of granting their husbands a â€śhall passâ€ť â€” a green light to commit all the adultery they can manage for one whole week, just to get it out of their systems.
Of course, the wives (Jenna Fischer and Christina Applegate) are gambling that the boys will quickly learn that the swinging singles world theyâ€™re imagining out there has nothing to do with reality, and that they will fail miserably and sheepishly return to the fold, disappointed, contrite and with a renewed appreciation for what they have at home.
The wives have called it right, because the tragically unhip Rick and Fred take the first misguided step of choosing such places as the bars at Applebeeâ€™s and Chiliâ€™s for â€ścruising chicks.â€ť It gradually begins to dawn on these born-again bachelors that pickup lines from questionable â€śhow toâ€ť sources (â€śHow much does a polar bear weigh? Enough to break the ice! Hi, my nameâ€™s Fred, can I buy you a drink?â€ť and â€śDo you think these bar napkins smell like chloroform?â€ť) and prop helmets (â€śBecause chicks dig motorcyclesâ€ť) just arenâ€™t fazing their female targets.
The game has changed in their 20-year absence, along with the amount of partying their systems can withstand before they crash-land for the night, and before they know it their allotted week of freedom is running out, with nothing but a series of hangovers, a stoned golf course fiasco and a bruising encounter with a giant jealous boyfriend to show for it.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients