‘Snakes on a Plane’ parlor game
In the spirit of “Snakes on a Plane” and “Hobo With a Shotgun,” we hereby propose a corresponding parlor game for imaginative film buffs based on this newly emerging subgenre of popcorn movies in which the title says it all.
With both of these films, the brilliance is all in the moniker. Story is an afterthought. No big marketing campaign required. No detailed coming attractions trailers needed. All you need is a terse title and the public imagination will do the rest.
Venomous reptiles in a confined space; a deranged homeless man heavily armed. It’s enough to get your silly creative juices flowing to create your own pithy titles (never mind the dreary work of making a film to live up to the hype).
To start the game, we toss off a few suggestions:
“Snakes on a Plane?” How about “Maggots in the Boardroom,” “Flatulence in an Elevator,” “Lice in the Laundry Room,” or “Piranha in the Hot Tub.”
“Hobo With a Shotgun?” How about “Chihuahua with a Flamethrower,” “Debutante with a Machete,” “Chimp with an Uzi,” “Politician With a Meat Cleaver” or “Kitten With a Chainsaw” (with apologies to the rock band Chainsaw Kittens).
Make up your own and post them in the comments box below. Who knows? In this age of email and internet brevity and high-concept entertainment, title writing might someday be the new screenwriting.
- Dennis King
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients