It’s the actor’s life for me, raps Tom Felton, a.k.a. Draco Malfoy
NEW YORK – Don’t look for Draco Malfoy to be singing for his supper.
Now that the Harry Potter cycle is completed with “Deathly Hallows: Part 2,” and actor Tom Felton is ready to put aside his magic wand and look to his future, rumors are rife that the now 23-year-old is looking to follow a career in music.
Not so, Felton said emphatically at a press conference during the movie’s premiere-week festivities staged by Warner Bros.
“I definitely don’t want to turn making music into some sort of career,” said Felton, who has made such a strong impression in the role of Malfoy, the blond, snide, bullyboy rival of Harry. “I think it would suck the life and passion out of it if I do that.”
Always an enthusiastic musician, Felton started singing in his church choir at age 7 and later declined an offer to join the prestigious Guildford Cathedral Choir. Between acting jobs, he’s always dabbled in singing and recording and helped found Six String Productions, a recording company devoted to signing young musical artists overlooked by the major recording industry.
With five of his own music videos generating heavy traffic on YouTube and with four songs he wrote and performed available on iTunes (“Right Place, Right Time,” “Time Well Spent,” “Silhouettes in Sunset” and “Under Stars”), Felton seems perfectly placed to launch a music career.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients