Under the Radar DVD of the Week: 'Camp Hell'
This week, the oddest DVD to appear on release lists is:
Is it a horror movie, a coming-of-age story or a religious cautionary tale concerning the “sins of the flesh” and the wily ways of Satan? Should it be titled “Camp Hope” (as it was originally tagged) or “Camp Hell,” the title affixed to the DVD due out on Tuesday?
And what’s up with plastering Jesse Eisenberg’s face on the DVD box cover, even though the star of “The Social Network” and “Zombieland” (who, by the way, has a new movie due out on Friday – “30 Minutes or Less”), even though the actor only appears in a two-minute-or-less cameo?
“Camp Hell” is an oddity that raises those pertinent questions and many others as it stumbles its way onto video shelves.
Never having received a theatrical release, despite a name cast the includes Eisenberg (sort of), former brat-packer Andrew McCarthy, desperate housewife Dana Delany and reliable character actor Bruce Davison, this picture from freshman writer-director George VanBuskirk can’t quite decide whether it’s fish or fowl.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 27414Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17780Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8920UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8299Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8258Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 8241OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8000Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6391Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5825Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5287Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients