Heists, car chases in other movies inspire ’30 Minutes or Less’ stars
NEW YORK – A quirky bank robbery and tire-screeching car chases play key roles in “30 Minutes or Less,” a black comedy in which a pizza deliveryman and his hapless pal are coerced into pulling off a bumbling holdup by a pair knuckleheaded masterminds.
So it stands to reason that the movie’s four stars and its director – Jesse Eisenberg, Aziz Ansari, Danny McBride and Nick Swardson, plus helmer Ruben Fleischer (“Zombieland”) – would have their own rosters of favorite, go-to heist movies and car-chase pictures to inspire them.
They were each asked to list their favorites during a pre-release press conference staged by Columbia Pictures. Here’s what they said.
Nick Swardson (Travis): “I love ‘Point Break.’ It’s one of my favorite movies of all time. I was obsessed with that movie for a long time. Car chase films – I love all the car stuff in ‘Ronin,’ there’s some great car chase stuff in that and in …umm, ‘Fried Green Tomatoes.’”
Danny McBride (Dwayne): “‘Dog Day Afternoon,’ is probably my favorite bank heist film, and ‘Bullitt’ has my favorite car chases.”
Jesse Eisenberg (Nick the pizza guy): “Yeah, I also like ‘Dog Day Afternoon,’ and I watched some of the ‘Lethal Weapon’ movies because my character referenced it and I’d never seen it. It was interesting to see the way our characters think of themselves as being like Danny Glover and Mel Gibson when we run into the bank.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26051Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17463Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8771OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8410Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8211UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7989Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7271Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6160Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4750Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients