DVD review: 'Killer Joe'
His mother is upbeat, down-home Oklahoma novelist Billie Letts, but you sure can’t tell it from playwright/screenwriter Tracy Letts’ down-and-dirty works.
Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for his 2008 play “August: Osage County” (now an upcoming 2013 film shot in Pawhuska and Bartlesville, starring Meryl Streep and Julia
Now available on DVD and Blu-ray, “Killer Joe” also stars Emile Hirsch as 21-year-old drug dealer Chris Smith, who’s in trouble with some nasty debtors and enlists the help of his dim-witted daddy Ansel (Thomas Haden Church) to arrange the death of Adele — who is Chris’ mother and Ansel’s ex-wife — in order to collect on Adele’s $50,000 life insurance policy, of which Chris’ somewhat mentally damaged little sister Dottie (Juno Temple) is the beneficiary.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients