Under the Radar DVD of the Week: 'SEAL Team Six: The Raid on Osama bin Laden'
This week, the oddest DVD to appear on release lists is:
“SEAL Team Six: The Raid on Osama bin Laden”
Big blockbuster movies often seem to spawn lesser knockoffs in their wake. Such is the case with the pithy post-9/11 thriller “Zero Dark Thirty,” which towers over a similar version of the same story told in “SEAL Team Six: The Raid on Osama bin Laden” (due out on DVD this week).
Covering essentially the same ground as Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal’s multi-layered, journalist depiction of the decade-long manhunt for the infamous 9/11 architect, “SEAL Team Six” is instead a more literal and blander stab at the complex story. It was aired in late 2012 on the National Geographic Channel in an apparent effort to steal some of the thunder of Bigelow and Boal’s film.
For the most part, it follows a similar timeline, depicting the long, arduous process of hunting down bin Laden, the ultimate location of a suspicious compound in the Pakistani suburb of Abbottabad and the internal intelligence debate over whether bin Laden was actually inside or not.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients