‘How Do You Know’ stars recount disastrous blind dates
NEW YORK – James L. Brooks’ offbeat romantic comedy “How Do You Know” gets moving with a disastrous blind date between distracted characters played by Reese Witherspoon and Paul Rudd. The fidgety, nearly speechless date most likely constitutes every single person’s idea of dating hell.
Witherspoon and Rudd were asked to recall their own real-life worst dates during press interviews prior to the film’s release by Columbia Pictures.
Witherspoon, smart, blond and adorable, clearly had very little experience to draw from as she furrowed her brow and searched for an answer.
“I had someone correct my grammar on a blind date, and I knew in the first ten minutes that the date was over,” she finally revealed. “Yeah, you just don’t correct someone’s grammar.”
Does she remember what she said wrong?
“I don’t know,” she said brightly. “I’m from Tennessee. I probably say everything wrong. I probably said ain’t or something.”
Rudd, on the other hand, seemed to take a guy’s-guy relish in recounting his worst dating nightmare.
“A friend and I went on a double date with these two girls and uh, it started off we were trying to impress the girls and make each other laugh,” Rudd recalled. “And it started out innocently enough with my friend kicking his shoe 30 feet in the air as we’re walking down the street. And it really struck me as funny.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21361Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10815Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8633Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8589Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8336Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7789Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7697Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7169UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6790Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5790Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients