DVD/Blu-ray review: 'Best of Warner Bros.' 90th Anniversary Collections
Last year, Universal and Paramount celebrated their centennial years with a deluge of deluxe packagings, repackagings and restorations of their greatest screen hits on DVD and Blu-ray, but Warner
There will also be five 20-film DVD collections released throughout the year, including a Best Picture Oscar winners package and bundles of musicals, romances, comedies and thrillers. In addition, “The Best of Warner Bros. Animation” collections will be released throughout the year, along with a roundup of essential “Superman” live action and animated TV shows.
For the big sets, two fascinating new documentaries have been made: “Tales from the Warner Bros. Lot” and “The Warner Bros. Lot Tour.” The former is mainly full of interviews with current stars (Steve Carrell, Ben Affleck, William H. Macy, Michael Keaton), surviving former heads of various studio departments, people recalling the rise and fall of the not lovingly-remembered Jack Warner (except by 90-something Efrem Zimbalist Jr., who adored the guy), and Clint Eastwood grinning about his name being plastered across the lot’s new and improved recording studio.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6766Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients