Under the Radar DVD of the Week: 'Croczilla'
This week, the oddest DVD to appear on release lists is:
Move over Godzilla. The Japanese have nothing on the Chinese when it comes to big cheesy monster movies featuring humongous, rampaging reptiles as low-budget B-movie fans will see with “Croczilla” (due out on DVD Tuesday).
This 2011 Chinese-language feature (dubbed into English) was originally titled “Million Dollar Crocodile,” but was assigned the much juicier and campier title of “Croczilla” for its video release.
It’s performed with the same earnest, straight-faced bravado as its Japanese counterparts and features a cast of gung-ho Chinese actors that no one in the English-speaking world will recognize.
The story centers on a 36-foot crocodile named Amao, who is befriended by Xiao, the son of a croc farmer who is forced to sell this prized specimen to a notorious gangster, who plans to butcher Amao and serve him up in high-priced dishes at his restaurant.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15647OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15447Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10056'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 9335Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8950Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7906Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 7604Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7402Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7043Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7042Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients