DVD review: Grateful Dead: ‘All the Years Combine'
A massive flashback of the best possible kind awaits dedicated Deadheads in the hefty “All the Years Combine: The DVD Collection” box set.
A mind-blowing 38 hours of footage unwind on 14 DVDs, offering 12 Grateful Dead concert films and all the bonus features from previous releases of the DVDs, a bonus disc of five previously unreleased live performances from the Dead archive, the 1992 documentary “Backstage Pass” by Justin Kreutzmann and a new interview with Grateful Dead archivist David
The best of the bunch remains the band’s essential concert film document, “The Grateful Dead Movie,” filmed in 1974 during five pre-hiatus shows at San Francisco’s Winterland Ballroom, then skillfully assembled by Susan Crutcher and a team of editors and finally released to theaters in 1977. The film stars one of the best incarnations of the Dead — the nucleus of Jerry Garcia, (lead guitar, vocals) Bob Weir (rhythm guitar, vocals), Phil Lesh (bass), and Bill Kreutzmann (drums), with Mickey Hart back on the other drum kit after a five-year absence, Keith Godchaux on keyboards and Donna Jean Godchaux on backing vocals.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17746Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14365Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11370Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10980'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10448Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9120Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 7765OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6828Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6277Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5681Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients