Under the Radar DVD of the Week: 'P.O.E.: Poetry of Eerie'
This week, the oddest DVD to appear on release lists is:
“P.O.E.: Poetry of Eerie”
Edgar Allen Poe has long fascinated filmmakers (inspiring such greats as Dario Argento, Roger Corman, Tim Burton, John Carpenter and Federico Fellini), and the late American master of the macabre was the muse for 15 international directors to take up a unique challenge in adapting his work to the screen for “P.O.E.: Poetry of Eerie” (due out on DVD Tuesday).
The anthology collection brings together short works by members of Italy’s new horror wave who accepted the production’s daunting challenge: To direct a short film based on a classic tale of terror by Poe. The catch was that each director had to work with no budget and complete a film within three days.
The largely Italian anthology was a pet project of director and performer Domiziano Crisopharo, who challenged fellow filmmakers to pay tribute to Poe and to keep the horror genre fresh and alive. The collection had its premiere last October at the Fantastique Semaine du Cinema in Nice, France, and now comes to DVD for the first time.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients