Under the Radar DVD of the Week: 'Some Guy Who Kills People'
This week, the oddest DVD to appear on release lists is:
“Some Guy Who Kills People”
With its blunt, eponymous title, its impressive cast and the producing clout of John Landis, “Some Guy Who Kills People” (due out on DVD Tuesday) slyly defies its slasher-comedy pedigree and rolls out as a surprisingly entertaining combination of humor, gore and heart.
Smartly directed by John Perez (“Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus”), the movie makes canny use of a cast that includes Kevin Corrigan as a mild-mannered serial killer, Karen Black as his shrewish mother, Barry Bostwick as a blowhard cop, Lucy Davis as the kind-hearted love interest and young Ariel Gade as the killer’s 11-year-old daughter.
The story centers on Corrigan’s meek Ken Boyd, a middle-aged guy just out of a mental hospital who works at a small-town ice cream parlor and lives with his brassy, bossy mother (Black). In high school, Ken was mercilessly tormented by cooler classmates, and now many of those classmates are turning up dead – dispatched by a masked killer in increasingly gruesome ways.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 98297Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16555OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13177Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8674Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8399Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8073How to help tornado victims
- 7770Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 6639Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6423Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients