Under the Radar DVD of the Week: 'Sand Sharks'
In a certain realm of salty horror movies, sharks are ubiquitous – from the signature opening beach scene in the classic “Jaws” to the recent hybrid Syfy Channel B-movie spoofs of “Dinoshark” and “Sharktopus.” Now, as proof that you don’t even have to venture into the water to be terrorized by these toothy monsters, comes “Sand Sharks” (due out on DVD Tuesday).
This rickety, low-budget CGI fest rests on the hilariously absurd notion of man-eating sharks lurking not only in the waters off shore but also under the very sands of the beach, where they emerge from the dunes unexpectedly to munch on certain buxom bikini-clad sunbathers.
Directed by veteran cinematographer Mark Atkins (“Battle of Los Angeles”) and featuring a B cast that includes Corin Nemec, Brooke Hogan, Vanessa Lee Evigan and someone named Edgar Allan Poe IV, the movie is set on the seemingly serene island of White Sands during spring break.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 34808Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 28627Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6992Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6680OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4639Tornadoes hit Kan., Okla.; no injuries reported
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3855Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3630College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3354Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3230Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients