Hathaway found casting for new ‘Batman’ movie the cat’s meow
NEW YORK – While Anne Hathaway is busy promoting her latest film, the romantic melodrama “One Day,” she’s also enduring the buffeting winds of a blogosphere that’s all astir over her next big role, that of Selina Kyle/Catwoman in Christopher Nolan’s upcoming “The Dark Knight Rises.”
Already, Hathaway has suffered the brunt of fan criticism over the nature of her Catwoman costume, which apparently was inadvertently leaked over several fan-generated websites. And she cringes at reports that state she’s determined to portray a much sexier Catwoman than her on-screen predecessors, Halle Berry and Michelle Pfeiffer.
So, naturally, Hathaway was a bit reticent during a recent interview to reveal many details of the new Batman movie, which is now in production and due for release in July 2012. Along with Hathaway, the cast will include Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman and Michael Caine as his faithful butler Alfred.
“I can’t talk about the interpretation because that is an hermetically sealed secret,” Hathaway said during press interviews for “One Day,” hosted by Focus Features. “I mean, if you want to take on Chris Nolan you’re more than welcome, but I’m intimidated.
“But the process for getting the ‘Dark Night Rises’ role was this – Chris met with a bunch of girls to have a general discussion,” she said. “And then he culled the list down about three and a half months later to do screen tests.
“Literally all of Hollywood – women are double X chromosomes, right? – so everyone with a double X chromosome in Hollywood was literally just sitting on pins and needles for three and a half months. Then, I understood he screen tested a few of us.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13258OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7144Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7131Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6694Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6025Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5256Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4093As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3907Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3578OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients