Under the Radar DVD of the Week: 'Attack of the Killer Backpacks'
“Attack of the Killer Backpacks”
With the start of the school year fast upon us, students everywhere will begin hefting their backpacks and heading merrily off to class. But what if those backpacks suddenly turned lethal by attracting the wrath of a zombie serial killer? That’s the zestfully preposterous premise posed by “Attack of the Killer Backpacks” (due out on DVD Tuesday).
The latest in a burgeoning genre of on-the-cheap zombie movies and the newest addition to a kinky subgenre of violent horror spoofs inspired by 1978’s “Attack of the Killer Tomatoes,” this no-budget German production with subtitles features a gang of no-name actors with skietchy film bios and a director named Ralf Kemper (whose previous credits include “Toxic Lullaby”).
The story follows the gory activities of a serial killer who preys on young females walking home from school. Investigators have dubbed him “the suburban killer,” but gradually they suspect that something far more sinister and insane is going on as the victims all seem to have one particular school accessory in common – they were all wearing backpacks at the time of their deaths.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients