Under the Radar DVD of the Week: 'Steamy Art House Hits'
This week, the oddest DVD to appear on release lists is:
“Steamy Art House Hits”
Nothing suggests the fruits of forbidden passions like high-toned foreign cinema – especially the European kind shown in fusty little art houses that are free of the Puritanical restrictions of Hollywood’s ratings system. That’s the rather seductive allure of the four-disc DVD collection, “Steamy Art House Hits,” due out on Tuesday.
But as generations of curious (read that, randy) young cinema enthusiasts have discovered, much to their dismay, there’s a great distance between gussied-up porno and the rather serious and weighty, albeit sexually frank, subject matter that flickers on the screens of art houses.
“Steamy Art House Hits” gathers four unrelated, ambitious and thematically serious films intended for mature audiences into a seductive package and presents them without much in the way of connective comment or analysis, except their “steamy art house” cache.
The films are:
“Secret Things” (2002), directed by Jean-Claude Brisseau. In this French-language drama, two young Paris women discover the power of sex to help them rise to the top of the male-dominated business world.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26051Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17463Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8771OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8410Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8211UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7989Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7271Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6160Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4750Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients