Under the Radar DVD of the Week: 'Strippers Vs. Werewolves'
This week, the oddest DVD to appear on release lists is:
“Strippers Vs. Werewolves”
Some movies manage to skate by on a titillating title alone – think “Hobo With a Shotgun” – and the micro-budgeted British import “Strippers Vs. Werewolves” (due out on DVD Tuesday) is definitely one of those pictures that promises more than it delivers.
Directed by Jonathan Glendening (whose last film was the fairly palatable werewolf saga “Night Wolf”), this slapped-together horror comedy offers up a woefully thin plot, some pathetically toothless werewolf effects and a few teasing cameos by the likes of Martin Kemp (Brit TV’s “Eastenders”), Steven Berkoff (“A Clockwork Orange”) and horror icon Robert “Freddie Krueger” Englund (who, interestingly enough, also appear in a 2008 low-budget toss-off titled “Zombie Strippers!”).
Beyond that, it’s a muddled mess that delivers few laughs and even fewer chills.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5828Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 4402Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients