Under the Radar DVD of the Week: 'Vinny the Chin: The Long Island Legend'
This week, the oddest DVD to appear on release lists is:
“Vinny The Chin: The Long Island Legend”
When it comes to self-aggrandizing “Guidos” with buff physiques, outsized egos and pea-sized brains, the Jersey shore has nothing on Long Island, which is the gaudy playground of one notorious meathead whose outrageous macho antics have recently gone viral. His name is Vincenzo Ferraro, and he’s the subject of the cheeky documentary “Vinny the Chin: The Long Island Legend,” due out on DVD Tuesday.
Preening muscleman, viral YouTube video star and self-proclaimed “hottest Guido on the planet” (a title he’d no doubt arm wrestle MTV’s “Jersey Shore” hunk The Situation for), Vinny the Chin is the kind of faux-celebrity ready made for the reality TV era.
Apparently, part of his legend holds that he spends every summer partying hearty with the beautiful people in the Hamptons.
So to pump himself up and get in shape for his lavish lifestyle, Vinny goes through a seasonal ritual of conditioning and attitude adjustment that this documentary captures with all the crass, exploitative, over-dramatized panache one would expect from a guy who refers to himself in the third person.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7311Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7062Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6971UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients