Trout Unlimited signs on as 2012 Fly Fishing Film Tour sponsor
The 2012 edition of the popular Fly Fishing Film Tour gained an influential new sponsor this month when Trout Unlimited signed on as one of the show’s major underwriters.
Trout Unlimited is a private non-profit organization with more than 140,000 members dedicated to conserving, protecting and restoring North America’s trout and salmon fisheries and watersheds.
The Fly Fishing Film Tour, dubbed F3T and set to enter its fifth year in 2012, is an annual traveling show featuring a dozen or so short, cutting-edge fly fishing documentaries filmed at some of the most exotic and adventurous angling locales in the world. The 2011 tour stopped in more than 80 cities across the U.S. (with Fort Smith, Ark., being the closest stop to Oklahoma) and Canada.
The dates, cities and details of the 2012 tour will be formally announced in December. The tour is expected to start early in the year and continue through the fall.
“The Fly Fishing Film Tour reaches out to the entire fly fishing realm and offers a bit of an escape to those of us who unfortunately spend more time dreaming than we do fishing,” Chris Hunt, TU’s director of communications, said in a press release. “That’s the audience that needs to hear TU’s conservation message, and we need those folks to understand that their involvement in conservation through TU is a necessary component of fly fishing. It is part of becoming that well-rounded, complete angler we all want to be.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7508Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7162Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6434UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients