Under the Radar DVD of the Week: 'Half Pint Brawlers: Season 1'
This week, the oddest DVD to appear on release lists is:
“Half Pint Brawlers: Season 1”
The politically correct term is “little people,” but the tiny professional wrestlers of “Half Pint Brawlers: Season 1” (due out on DVD Tuesday) are anything but politically correct. They prefer the more dubious and defiant tag “midget wrestlers” and in their outrageous, dangerous and often X-rated antics in the ring and out they put the muscle-bound behemoths of the WWE and other garish pro wrestling circuits to shame.
During the six episodes included here from the Spike TV cable series, the rowdy troupe of diminutive grapplers alternate between highly choreographed stunts and dramatic good vs. evil matches in the ring and crude, outrageous, “Jackass”-worthy antics outside the wrestling arena. Led by the alpha owner-performer Puppet – a.k.a. “The Psycho Dwarf” – the troupe includes Bobby (the self-styled ladies’ man), brother Kato (billed as the “dwarf destroyer”), Mad Mexx (“immigration sensation”), Teo (“the showman”) and Sypder (the announcer).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14439Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9547Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7937Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7761Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6962Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6428Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6287Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5083Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5032Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4602UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients