Under the Radar DVD of the Week: 'ThanksKilling'
This week, the oddest DVD to appear on release lists is:
Just in time for Thanksgiving, a profane, ax-wielding turkey takes its revenge in the loony, micro-budgeted horror spoof “ThanksKilling,” due out on DVD Tuesday.
This bizarre 2009 comedy was reportedly made for less than $3,000 by then-college students Jordan Downey and Kevin Stewart, and it wears its handmade, lowbrow, tongue-in-cheek origins on its sleeve. It’s filled with clunky performances, cheeky profanity, sophomoric dialogue, a tacky and rubbery puppet villain and a crack-brained concept that plays heavily into the so-bad-it’s-good school of filmmaking.
After opening with a racy scene of a topless pilgrim lass being chased down and axed by a homicidal turkey (a latex puppety thing seen only in glancing close-ups), the story leaps ahead to a contemporary rural setting where a stereotypical gaggle of college kids (the jock, the slut, the fat redneck, the nerd and the prissy miss) are headed home for Thanksgiving break.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14558OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11841Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8216Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6574Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6065Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5464Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4374Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4081'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
- 4060Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4007Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients