‘Hitchcock’ director, cast note their favorite Hitch films
NEW YORK – Alfred Hitchcock is such a towering figure in movies that there’s not a serious cinema lover who doesn’t have a favorite film among his impressive body of work, which ranges from the silent “The Pleasure Garden” of 1925 to “Family Plot” in 1976.
During a news conference presented by Fox Searchlight at Le Parker Meredien Hotel, the director and cast of the entertaining biopic “Hitchcock” were asked to reveal their personal favorites among the great director’s works.
First on the panel was director Sasha Gervasi, who quickly responded, “Hello, ‘Psycho.’” (“Hitchcock” concentrates on the intense years of 1950-60, when, against the odds, the director turned that sordid horror story into one of his most acclaimed movies ever.)
Next up was Helen Mirren (she plays Hitch’s wife and unsung collaborator Alma Reville), who answered with certainly – “’Vertigo’ is mine.”
Toni Collette (who portrays Hitchcock’s loyal secretary Peggy Robertson) anguished over the answer and finally said, “It’s just too hard.”
For Danny Houston (who plays Hitch’s “Strangers on a Train” screenwriter Whitfield Cook), the answer was glib and easy: “Mine is ‘Strangers on a Train’ because I wrote it.”
Jessica Biel (who plays actress Vera Miles) answered, “I actually just saw ‘Dial M for Murder,’ which I quite loved, and ‘The Birds,’ of course.”
Michael Stuhlburg (who portrays Hitchcock’s super-agent Lew Wasserman), said, “Wow, it’s impossible to choose. Each one of them accomplishes a different feat. I’m particularly taken by ‘Rope’ in some ways just because of the technical achievement of what he was able to do of timing that story along one particular shot. But there are so many, and I love them all.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients