Liz Claiborne targets Isaac
Say it isn’t so Isaac.
That’s the cry heard round the country when news that fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi, who endeared himself to millions of women with his cheap-chic collection at Target, is headed to Liz Claiborne to revamp the struggling brand.
Mizrahi teamed with Target five years ago and led the parade as the retailer added more names to its stable of designers and became the place to shop for luxury pieces at mainstream prices.
His success triggered a change in the fashion industry’s thinking that designer collections at the mass market level would dilute the value of a brand. Following Mizrahi’s lead, Nicole Miller partnered with J.C. Penney in 2005 and last year Vera Wang debuted her Simply Vera Wang collection at Kohl’s.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 72931Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14541Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8647Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7401How to help tornado victims
- 6540Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6504Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6358Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6112Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5411Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5319Details emerge about memorial service for Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients