Fashion Week Day 1
Fashion Week kicked off Friday, and I hit the sidewalk running. My plane landed at noon and by 1 p.m. I was walking into the Perry Ellis menswear show.
A few menswear designers show on Friday, but this week is mostly about women. The Perry Ellis collection included a fresh take on some old favorites, including varsity jackets, shooting jackets and cargo pants. Even leggings — though the designer called then long johns — showed up. Get ready, guys.
Then it was on to BCBG Max Azria where the dresses were floaty with lots of plenty of drapes, drop waists, metal mesh neckline detail and appliques. Charcoal tights were shown with everything.
Marc Bouwer showed some of the prettiest clothes, though some of them were a bit full. A woman could be 9-months pregnant and no one would know.
Backstage, Bouwer said he loves structure with volume. Well, I guess.
He also was committed to no fur, no leather, no wool in the show, but his faux furs looked great from my seat on the fifth row.
Actress Vivica A. Fox, who was on the front row, said the furs “looked real, very real.”
At Nicole Miller’s show, Howard Stern’s girlfriend Beth Ostrosky and Cindi Lauper got a good look at the metal crinkle satin dresses, smock tops, cropped jackets and tunics. The little details: wide belts and bowlers.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4061As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3840Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3249Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients