Fashion in the Alps?
The Lacoste Show
“Is this real fur?” one guest asked at the Lacoste show.
He was referring to the blanket of white faux fur covering the runway.
What came later were models dressed in sweaters in white and gray, worn over riding pants in sweatshirt fabric .
“Warm, comfy chic is how I describe the collection,” said Christophe Lemaire, creative director.
Women plowed through the snow — I mean faux fur — in gray shorts and skirts paired with red or gold yellow tights. Guys stepped out in pastel V-neck sweaters.
Lemaire even paid homage to Jamaica’s flag with fitted polos and polo dresses, as well as mountain jackets and scarves in strong stripes and blocks of black, gold, blood red and green.
A complete change of pace came at Rock & Republic, where an orchestra of 19 nestled into a pit in the middle of the runway to play along with recorded rock music as models walked the runway in beautifully cut suits and gowns. It was a sea of black with the occasional purple gown. And no denim. Isn’t Rock & Republic known for its denim?
The suits, for both men and women, and the gowns were cut close to the body. Jacket styles were both long and short. Pants slim as well as full. A fedora is a must. Make it black. The music? Loud. My ears are still ringing.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17652Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13467Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11283Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10735'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10251Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10005Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6673Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6352Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6100Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5666OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients