Fashion Week Day 3
Today I caught up with “Project Runway” mentor Tim Gunn, who was sitting front row at the Tracy Reese show. Of course, I had to ask him about Kayne Gillaspie, Oklahoma’s favorite “Project Runway” competitor.
“I love Kayne,” he said.
I told him about Kayne’s new eveningwear collection, introduced in August at the Atlanta apparel market, debuting on the runway in Oklahoma City Sunday night and he seemed genuinely excited and happy.
“He deserves it,” he said. “I think he can have as big a future as he wants.”
His talent for designing pageant gowns and prom dresses is something to celebrate, Gunn said. He does it with such delight, such great passion.
“He has a pure soul.”
Kayne probably would have loved Tadashi Shoji’s show Sunday morning. The evening and cocktail pieces were embellished and woven, draped and layered. Two of the best: a silver/gray metallic liquid jersey bustier evening gown and a gold and silver strapless gown with leather belted bodice and silk organza skirt.
The cocktail dresses were all worn with tights. Get ready, it’s a trend.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims
- 3653Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3534Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3111Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients