Katherine Heigl … looking red carpet worthy.
As I watched the red carpet coverage leading up to the Academy Awards show, trend expert Leon Hall’s words raced through my mind.
If a woman wants to stand out in a sea of black tuxedos, she should wear red, he once told me.
And so it went on the redder-than-usual red carpet. Two stand-outs were Heidi Klum in John Galliano and Katherine Heigl in a one-shoulder gown that showed off her curves. Others in red included Anne Hathaway, Miley Cyrus, Ruby Dee and Helen Mirren. Hathaway’s gown feaured rosette detail and Mirren’s sleeves sparkled with silver beads or crystals.
Ahh, it’s all in the details.
Regal red shared the spotlight with purple, the color of choice by Cate Blanchett and Jessica Alba, both of whom are pregnant. John Travolta’s wife, Kelly Preston, was in a strapless yellow/orange gown by Roberto Cavalli and Amy Adams donned a deep green strapelss satin gown by Proenza Schouler.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients