Carmindy's natural beauty
Carmindy is the makeup artist on TLC’s “What Not to Wear.” I interviewed her last year and she said then was working on her own makeup line.
Back to the lipstick. I settled on Champagne Rose. It’s a light pinkish/brown shade that offers some color, but not a lot of intensity. It’s creamy, and probably has a bit more staying power than a gloss, but I wish it was more pink. On me, it really looks like a nude shade. I prefer a more clear color.
Maybe I’ll try another shade next time or just swipe some of my own lip gloss over it. I’m always hesitant to buy makeup, lipsticks, etc. at drug stores and mass merchandisers because it always seem to be a guessing game. If I have to buy two or three lipsticks to find one I like, I’ve spent more than I would have on a prestige brand — one that I can try on before I buy.
Places like Sephora and Ulta, and specialized service at the Makeup Bar, Balliet’s, Sooo Lilly and department stores, make it so easy to get the perfect shade.
I do think I’ll try the eye shadow base when mine’s gone. Let me know if you’ve tried any of the products. I’m interested to know what you think.
As promised in my Sunday Living column in The Oklahoman, here’s more detailed information on the items in the new Sally Hansen Natural Beauty inspired by Carmindy. This info is from her newsletter, so the raves are hers. Prices range from $7.99 to $12.99.
1. Luminizing Face Primer. Create a flawlessly smooth complexion with this light reflective skin perfecting primer. Wear it alone or under Your Skin Makeup and watch your face light up.
2 Your Skin Makeup. This is the most revolutionary foundation ever! Since making it I have not worn anything else on my skin. It’s filled with anti-oxidants so it’s a skin treatment as well as the most perfect liquid foundation out there. The shade range is impressive and there is a color out there for everyone. It does not matter if you have oily, combination or dry skin it works on everybody. You will simply love it!!!
3. Fast Fix Eye Shadow Base. This is a perfect base to even out discolored lids and keep eye shadows in place all day.
4. Fast Fix Concealer in “All Over Brightner”. Amazing for bouncing light under the eyes getting rid of dark circles and signs of fatigue. This product is my best friend!
5. Fast Fix Concealer in “Neutralizer”. Perfect for rosacea, just dab it on and eliminate redness in the most natural way.
6. Truly Translucent Loose Powder. A micro-milled fine powder that erases shine and sets makeup naturally. With a built-in puff right in the cap it’s never messy and always delivers just the right amount.
7. Sheerest Cream Blush. This is the most soft, sheer and natural way to flush those cheeks. Never oily or streaky the color looks fresh all day.
8. Natural Powder Blush. Sweep on a sheer wash of color to wake up a face with this velvety powder.
9. Sheerest Cream Bronzer. The most natural bronzer ever created it melts into your skin mimicking the look of a sun-kissed glow. It contains no shimmer so it looks gorgeously real in broad daylight even on mature skin.
10. Sun Glow Powder Bronzer. Sweep on this slightly pearled bronzer in the evening for a sexy beachy glow.
11. Instant Definition Eye Shadow Palette. Never be in doubt again with this these satiny smooth eye shadows. A trio of perfect shadows, each one is marked for your ease of application. A perfect highlight, lid and contour shade to bring your eyes alive.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients