Get Reba's glam look
Who noticed Reba McEntire’s glam and polished makeup during the Academy of Country Music Awards television show?
The man responsible was celebrity makeup artist Brett Freedman, who shares how he created the Oklahoma singer’s “hi-fi” look.
“I really wanted to do something glamorous on Reba that would give pop to her look for her hosting duties and her performance (duet with Kelly Clarkson),” he said. “Generally I do a cleaner, more subtle look for her when she does TV… saving something with more drama for print shoots. The response was great Everyone loved the glammed Reba.”
All the products were MAC.
For the face: Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation and Skinfinish Powder to give her skin a dewy, youthful glow.
On the lips: Lip pencil in Stripdown on the entire lip and tinted Lipglass in First Bloom. “Since her eyes were the focus, I wanted something that gave definition with a hint of warmth and sweetness.”
For the eyes: The goal: smoked eyes with a bit of winged cat-eye. Eye Kohl in Smolder, eye shadow in Scene, smudged all over, and eye shadow in Knight Devine. The goal: smoked eyes with a bit of winged cat-eye.
“I wet this shimmering shadow and used on her lids only to catch light and give some depth,” Freedman said.
On the cheeks: Powder blush in Peaches, for an all-over color. Powder blush in Springsheen applied from apples to temples to “modernize” her cheekbones and balance her dramatic eyes.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 54347Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 32459Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 11466Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients