Having a ball, but I'd like to leave the cap behind
I’ve been out of town for three days, and most of that time was spent in a convertible.
That means hat hair. Or in my case, cap hair.
If I don’t wear a ball cap, my hair blows all over the place and I can barely run my fingers through it, much less a brush. When I wear a cap, which is almost always, my bangs get plastered against my forehead and the rest of my hair does this wild flip. It isn’t pretty, especially when I take my cap off, which I try not to do unless I have to, but at least my hair is not a tangled mess.
I’ve tried wearing a straw cowboy hat, a visor, a scarf (folded lengthwise and wrapped around my head and tied in the back) and a doo rag. If you’re looking at my picture and trying to imagine me in a doo rag, let me tell you right now that I didn’t leave the house in it. I looked so ridiculous that I started laughing out loud. Now you knowhow desperate I am.
I see women in convertibles all the time and their hair seems to hold up better than mine. If my hair was longer, I could slick it back in a ponytail. If it was super short, I wouldn’t need a ball cap. But it’s the length I like, and I love the convertible.
Summer’s just starting and that means many more weekends on the road. Anyone got a suggestion?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25412Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15758Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9844UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8808Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7879Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 7543Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6502Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6399OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6273Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5958Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients