She's got legs
Legs are going under cover, and they’ve never looked more stylish.
Covered legs were all over the runways during the fall fashion shows earlier this year.
Finally, a trend that makes sense. Who wants bare legs when it’s 40 degrees outside?
This season’s legwear lineup includes shimmer, texture, over-the-knee socks, sweater knits, plaids, stripes and dots. Neutrals such as black, brown, olive and gray step forward, as well as bold hues of electric blue, apple red, magenta and ruby.
Legwear joined the accessories hoopla a few years ago. Can’t afford the new “it” bag? Express yourself in a pair of tights. The ones pictured here were on the Tracy Reese runway. If you don’t want to draw that much attention to your legs, imagine stripe tights peeking out from the hem of your pants.
Style aside, there’s also the function aspect. Tights tend to be comfortable and warmer than sheer hosiery. They also complement this fall’s pencil skirts, wide-leg pants and dresses. Perhaps even more important, they can be worn by women of all ages and sizes.
Legwear is also easy on the pocketbook. Grab a pair of tights for less than $20 at department stores or for about $5 to $10 at off-price and mass merchandise chains.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6211Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5407Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4993Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4408OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3817Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3613How to help tornado victims
- 3586Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3014Oklahoma City Thunder: In his absence, Russell Westbrook's value becomes obvious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients