Confessions of a fashion writer
A bottle of black polish landed on my desk today.
Super shiny. Super black.
Black is the trendy shade of the moment, which I wrote about recently in the Sunday Living section, and as much as I want to embrace dark nails, I just can’t give in to black polish.
Dark polish is a nice change from summer’s lighter shades of pale, plus it’s an inexpensive and easy way to look current while letting everyone know you follow the trends but aren’t a slave to them. Plenty of women are sporting short dark nails and most of them look oh-so modern.
Me, I’m still wearing pastel pink.
I can’t stand chips and when dark polish starts to wear, it looks really ugly, really tacky. I want to go dark, but if I do I’ll constantly be staring at my nails, looking for the first telltale sign of a chip — and with my luck it would probably show up in a day or two. Then I wouldn’t be able to get that polish off fast enough.
Even as I write this I notice that my nails are in need of a little attention.
The nail polish looks less than fresh and upon closer inspection I can see that the pale color is starting to wear at the tips.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients