Happy birthday, fashion designer Carolina Herrera
Carolina Herrera after her spring 2009 runway show in New York.
Fashion designer Carolina Herrera celebrates her 70th birthday today. She was born in Venezuela and founded her New York City company in 1980.
During the 1970s and ’80s, she was named one of the best-dressed women in the world. Some of the world’s best-dressed women also turned to her for clothes, including Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis, who Herrera dressed for the last 12 years of her life.
She became the talk of the town after designing the wedding dress for Caroline Kennedy in 1986. It made her a household name overnight and the gown was quickly copied. Soon, she was designing a ready-to-wear line as well as made-to-order pieces for women like Onassis, along with a bridal wear and a lower-priced line named CH.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11434Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11103Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9903Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8455Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4574Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4269Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4107OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3554How to help tornado victims
- 3541Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3452Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients