Aretha Franklin's bow hat hits a high note
Laugh if you want, but Aretha Franklin’s super-size, jewel-studded bow hat is a big hit with American women. Mr. Song Millinery in Detroit started receiving calls almost as soon as Franklin hit her last note at the inauguration.
Luke Song designed the hat for Franklin, a longtime customer. Since inauguration day, he’s sold about 1,000 of the $179 piece that the singer’s style was based on.
He also plans to introduce a line of hats next month inspired by the piece. Song will show the 12-piece collection at a trade show in Las Vegas. The company’s hats are sold in 500 U.S. stores.
Luke Song, designer of the hat Aretha Franklin wore while singing “My Country ‘Tis of Thee” during President Barack Obama’s inauguration, shows a replica of the hat at Mr. Song Millinery in Detroit.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients