New nail colors for spring and how they work with fashion trends
I’m already tired of winter. Cold weather, coats and heavy clothes. I want something new, fresh, spring-like.
One of the easiest ways to ease into the season without looking silly is with a new nail polish. Creative Nail Design’s team of nail stylists painted thousands of fingers and toes for the spring fashion shows in New York, London and Paris. Here’s how the nail polish trends break down:
The No. 1 designer favorite color and look at the spring 2009 shows? Opaque flesh tone to elongate hands and match clean faces. CND’s Cocoa was seen at Nina Ricci, Max Azria, Halston, Jason Wu, Thakoon, Peter Som and others.
Top nail trends:
Whitewashes : Creamy and iridescent white shades.
Shades of gold: Whether 24-karat or honey bronze, bling abounds.
Gothic tones: A trace of red? Hint of blue? Anything goes, as long as it’s almost black.
Solid foundation: Opaque nudes — not just for the face anymore.
Blue mood: From navy to deep sky, it’s all about blue.
Red again: From bright Wildfire to dark Decadence.
Here’s more detail:
Role reversal: Dark toes and light fingertips may be big now, but some designers led a change from the norm, giving fingers a dash of dark, with shades like Fedora and Nail Nor, and using nudes on toes. Think toes that Twinkle. Still others preferred a monochrome look, where the red-viole shade Wildfire raged on both fingers and toes.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients