Little changes sometimes make the biggest difference.
Brenda Berry of Brilli Salon in Chicago says tha tsome of the most drastic changes people can make appearance-wise come from changing their hair. “By changing your style, cut or color you can really look like a completely different person.” But what do you do when you want to make small changes without chopping off your locks or dying it wacky colors? Berry offers these cheap and easy tips:
· “Adding bangs are the easiest way to update your look, without losing any length.” Berry advises to pick a style of bang that is suited to your face shape. For instance, if you have a round face and small forehead, you should go with side swept bangs. Those that have a more oval or heart-shaped face, should go with a heavier bang to bring out their eyes. “Remember, the most dramatic the bang, the more you will have to get them trimmed, she says.
· Another easy way to change up your do is to change your part. It may seem trivial but it really makes a difference. “If you always wear your hair parted on the same side or down the middle, you can really see a difference by altering the placement of your part.” The other great thing Berry says about changing up your part is that it will create instant volume at the root. “Parting your hair on the opposite side that it’s accustomed to will create great lift no product needed.”
· If you want to brighten up your look, go for soft highlights. “Soft highlights instantly brighten up your face and if you only get two or three on each side, they are relatively inexpensive.”
· If you have medium to long hair, adding a few long layers will create more movement and fullness. It will also help with frizz and flyways too. “Cutting layers will help eliminate dryness as well as cut frizz because you are cutting the dead ends off before they start splitting at the hair shaft.”
· Finally, add a headband or another hair accessory. “Headbands are really trendy right now and come in a variety of sizes and styles to complement all personalities and face shapes. If headbands aren’t your thing, try a pin or barrette. They can instantly dress up your do and make it look great without having to spend a ton of time or money on making your hair look good.