Pantone names its Top 10 colors for fall 2009
Fast forward a few months and let’s talk about the top colors for fall ’09. In conjunction with New York Fashion Week fall ’09, which started today, Pantone announced its Top 10 colors for fall. With all the fall ’08 merchandise on sale right now, maybe you can score a sweater, jacket or dress in one of these new colors Such a deal!
The Fashion Color Report Fall 2009 names these top 10 colors:
* Honey Yellow
* Creme Brulee
* Burnt Sienna
* Rapture Rose
* Warm Olive
* Majolica Blue
“This fall 2009 palette is more unique and thoughtful than the typical autumnal hues of years past,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute. “Designers recognize the desire for fundamental basics that speak to currernt economic conditions, but also understand the need to incorporate vibrant color to grab the consumers’ eyes and entice them to buy.”
Subtle contrasts make up the diverse palette, according to the report. This season, designers play with a broad spectrum of color resulting in distinct, yet cohesive combinations. The season offers choice and diversity, but the unexpected integration of colors makes it appealing.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients