Fashion Week: Jill Stuart and Tracy Reese
During Fashion Week, I always looked forward to Jill Stuart and Tracy Reese shows. Here are capsule reports from Fashion Week Daily.
Set against the hallowed backdrop of the New York Public Library, Jill Stuart’s fall collection was more studied this time around–albeit just as girlish and ruffled as seasons past. She opened her show with layered black dresses dripping with lace and shredded yarns, which tempered the sweetness of the purple chiffons and satin trousers of subsequent looks. But don’t think that the Jill Stuart girl has gone completely tough: in a move to perhaps avoid a wardrobe malfunction, Jill made sure her models were wearing undergarmets-even if that meant they were entirely visible under her ethereal, sheer pieces.
While much of Fashion Week has tightened the reigns and piled on the somber, Tracy Reese’s collection showed no sign of such gloomy tidings. Despite less than happy circumstances (the designer’s mother passed away earlier this week), her collection showcased an optimistic and ebullient outlook. Bright patterns, luxurious stoles and a show-stopping gold lame’ suit danced down the runway. Proof positive that good taste transcends age? The front row was filled with a mixture of bright young things like Kelly Pickler, Solange Knowles, the Hilton sisters, and older and equally chic women like Aisha Cole.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 66578Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31563Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 30900Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17837Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 7407Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6371Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4655Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 4638Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 4595Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 4334Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients