Fashion Week: Sears and K-Mart welcomes fashion press
Maybe it’s a sign of the times. Maybe it’s just good business. Sears and K-Mart beckoned the fashion press during Fashion Week. Here’s a story from Newsday.
By Anne Bratskeir/Newsday
NEW YORK — We spend a whole lot of Fashion Week wallowing in the sorrows of never being able to afford the luxurious duds of top designers, and for next season, with the dimmest of economic forecasts, well, bargains have never looked so good.
Which is exactly why the Sears/K-Mart suites set up in the Bryant Park Hotel were so refreshing, timely, and, surprise, surprise, featured some more than decent merchandise.
Contemporary lines for Sears included an adorable ruffled jacket — so on trend — cute trenches, floaty tops, most under $40 (yeah, we said $40).
Don’t miss the shoes, studded flats, saucy pumps all by private label apostrophe, and well-styled pocketbooks that could have fooled us (as in we thought they were pricey) for less than $30.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients