Fashion Week: Vera Wang
Love Vera Wang? Here’s a story from the Associated Press.
NEW YORK (AP) — Vera Wang is likely to make a big splash with her water-influenced fall collection, which debuted on an intimate runway at her SoHo store Thursday morning.
The obvious reference was the scuba-suit fabric that literally molded futuristic pieces, including a (too-wide) hip-barrel skirt and corsets that slimmed down and jazzed up more traditional dresses. The best use was on a short-sleeve coat that mixed the fabric with black broadtail fur.
More subtle — and more beautiful — though, was the moire organza that Wang used for her signature artful dresses. As the light hit the models wearing a series of graceful dresses, ranging from shirtdresses to off-the-shoulder gowns, the image was of gentle water ripples dappled with sunlight.
One bottle-green cap-sleeve dress made of pieced vertical swaths of charmeuse was a feat of its own.
In her notes to editors, stylists and retailers attending the New York Fashion Week event, Wang said the use of varying textures and materials “provides the tension and sophistication of the collection.”
Wang concentrated on small details, such as the just right loosely tied bow on the front of a coat or the rumpled-tissue effect on a voluminous skirt. But the result was a look that oozed easy elegance.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6766Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients