Fashion Week: Isaac Mizrahi
Don’t get me started on how much I love designer Isaac Mizrahi. Let’s just hope he can inject some life in Liz Claiborne. Anyway, he presented his fall ’09 signature collection and, boy, do I wish I could have seen it. Here’s a story from the Associated Press.
NEW YORK (AP) — For a good time, call Isaac Mizrahi. The fall collection he presented Thursday at New York Fashion Week was dubbed “Smile,” and the audience couldn’t do anything but that.
Whether a surely pricey Christmas-tinsel coat would count as an investment piece, it was a gift to a crowd of retailers, editors and stylists who have seen their fare share of tough, no-nonsense styles.
And who else but Mizrahi would put handbags on models’ heads as hats?
A dress made of a patchwork of beaded plaids is probably more for the runway than the real world, but it’ll make for an eye-catching photo in a magazine.
There were, however, several wearable looks, especially colorful blanket coats, kilts in watch plaids and a knockout daytime wrap-style coatdress with pleats down the back that he called “butterscotch lozenge.” Soothing indeed.
It’s surprising that Mizrahi, who splits his time between his high-end signature collection and the mainstream Liz Claiborne label, isn’t more of a red-carpet player considering some of the gowns on the runway were knockouts — especially a one-shoulder gold satin number with a croc-style texture and an Asian-floral beaded dress. His “nuts and bolts” metallic sequin camisole and skirt of varying size beads also belongs on a Hollywood star.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17147Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12600OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11594'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11336Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9954Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 8356Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 8267Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7063Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6991Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6984Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients