Three ways to keep your hair color looking great between salon visits
If you have your hair chemically enhanced — OK, you know I’m talking about color — you’ll want to keep reading. Frequent visits to the salon are costly, and with a shaky economy, most of us are doing what we can to save a few bucks here and there.
Brenda Berry of Brilli Salon in Chicago offers a few tips to help keep your hair color looking good between salon appointments.
· Start with a shampoo and conditioner that is formulated for color-treated hair. When hair is dyed, the hair shaft becomes weaker and more fragile. Shampoos and conditioners that are formulated for color-treated hair contain ingredients that help to moisturize hair as well as prolong color. One of the biggest concerns about regular shampoos and conditioner is that they strip hair of color because they contain such potent cleansing ingredients. Choosing a product that is formulated to make your color last will really make a difference.
· Many of us use a heat styling tool on our hair to either add body or straighten. Berry said it’s best to use a ceramic pressing iron on hair rather than a traditional curling iron as the ceramic iron closes the cuticle and locks in the color. “Traditional curling irons really do a number on hair, causing it to break off and dry it out.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 64379Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31540Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 30680Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 16244Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 7370Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6239Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4310Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 4237Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 4076Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 3649Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients