One man's thoughts on the Oscar fashion parade
I was encouraged that there was more individuality (though it sometimes led the ladies astray). Not as much flashy vulgarity as we’ve come to expect, not as many actresses who could be mistaken for sucessful ladies of the evening. I liked the fact that messy hair finally seems passe. Kate Winslet’s gown I found matronly, Marisa Tomei’s quite overwhelming. Sarah Jessica Parker seems to think she’s a Barbie Doll. Ms. Streep looked elegant, age appropriate and lovely … unlike Sophia Loren who looked like a caricature of herself. By and large, I believe that the entire Red Carpet parade is looking out of synch with a nation in economic trouble…I kept thinking about Marie Antoinette … and look what happened to her!
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 371Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 366Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 314OKC Thunder: Thunder stuck with worst-case scenario
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients