Barbie to get a facelift
Barbie’s getting a new face. The iconic doll turns 50 on Monday and at midnight March 9, a new 2009 Barbie wearing a black and white bathing suit will be unveiled. She was designed as a modern interpretation of the original 1959 doll pictured here.
For one week, from March 9-14 at participating retailers, she’ll come with a throwback price of $3.
Barbie will celebrate her 50th birthday with a pink carpet celebrity bash at a real Barbie Malibu Dream House — a 3,500-square-foot house in Malibu. The house features skirted, corseted, lace-up dress chiars, a chandelier made of Barbie hair, a closet filled with thousands of shoes, a sunburst mirror made from 65 Barbie dolls and a garage that includes a real, pinked-up Barbie Volkswagen Beetle.
The house also has a Barbie museum.
In celebration of Barbie’s birthday, The Oklahoman will have a feature on Barbie with lots of trivia, tidbits and even a few quotes from a former Live Barbie. Look for it in the You! section on March 12.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17023OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 16448Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 12708Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12580Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9471Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7819Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7691Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7125Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6963Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
- 6749Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients