Guess who's confident in a swimsuit?
Here’s one good thing that comes with age: Women over 40 feel more confident in their swimsuits. That’s according to1,400 women who responded to a survey by More magazine and Lands’ End.
The survey found that 47 percent of respondents have gained swimsuit confidence as they get older, especially after they turn 40. What’s more, some 95 percent of the participants said women older than 40 can truly look and feel fantastic in a swimsuit.
“Forty-something body confidence is in,” says Regina Haymes, fashion director of More magazine.
While fewer than 10 percent fully embrace wearing a swimsuit, 60 percent of survey respondents said they really don’t mind it and deal with it in stride. Seventy-one percent of those surveyed have learned the key to confidently wearing a swimsuit is to maximize the good parts and minimize the rest.
“We are not surprised women are confidently embracing just how great they can look at any age while wearing a swimsuit,” said Tara Ellef, senior vice president of merchandising, Lands’ End. “While swimsuit assurance may come with age, it may also result from over 20 years of swimsuit shopping experience. We’ve found over time women come to better understand which swimsuit styles and fits will best flatter their body shape.”
Click here to see The Oklahoman’s swimsuit slide show. And here’s our video swimsuit fashion show.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54680Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35701Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32594Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8907Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 8388Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5554Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4146OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3664George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3376Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3309Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients