Fashion tip: T-shirts
Who among us doesn’t have a T-shirt — or maybe a half dozen? We live in them.
They’re comfy and can go with almost anything – jeans or shorts or, if they’re nice enough, under a suit jacket or layered with a dress.
“Harper’s Bazaar Great Style, Best Ways to Update Your Look” by Jenny Levin calls T-shirts the building blocks of a casual wardrobe. Here are “wear it” suggestions from the book:
1. Stick with longer styles. Anything that hits at the hip or below has the most flexibility in what you can wear with it.
2. Pay attention to the weight of the fabric. If it’s thin and a little sheer, it’s best worn under something or doubled up with another piece. Pick a weightier style when wearing it alone.
3. Layering gives new life to your dresses. A lightweight frock can be worn well into fall when paired with a T-shirt. Try it with your sundresses, shirtdresses, jumpers and such. Don’t be afraid of the unconventional. For example, a T-shirt can take a strapless dress from slinky to sporty.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15991OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14570Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9562Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9374Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9102'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8275Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7661Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7564Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7457Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7060Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients