Implants for eyebrows?
Eyebrow implants are becoming more popular.
Who knew such a treatment even existed? The procedure requires a graft from the scalp area. The graft is then divided into single hair follicle grafts and implanted one by one on the brows.
Implants are now being touted as a solution for thinning brows caused from overplucking, a genetic predisposition, physical trauma or a medical condition.
Usually women fill in thinning brows with a brow pencil or shadow; some opt for permanent tattoos.
Hair transplant surgeon Dr. Antonio Armani says many people are now turning to eyebrow implants for a longer lasting, natural looking fix.
According to the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery Practice Census, of the 7.1 percent of hair restoration procedures performed on areas other than the scalp in 2006, 3.4 percent of those were done on brows, the highest percentage of all non-scalp procedures.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25412Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15758Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9844UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8808Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7879Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 7543Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6502Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6399OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6273Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5958Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients