Be nice to your makeup brushes
Makeup brushes are expensive. Treat them with care.
If they’re not cared for properly they can become a magnet for bacteria. And no one wants to apply makeup with an icky makeup brush. Think of your skin.
Shana King, founder of adesign brushes, www.adesignbrushes.com, knows how to work a brush. She also knows the importance of keeping them clean and in good shape. Here are her tips:
1. Store properly. Store brushes in their custom pouches to assure they stay safe, so that the bristles will not be crushed.
2. A clean brush is a happy brush. Once a month use mild soap or shampoo and water. Gently work soap or shampoo through the bristles. Swirl the brush in circles in the palm of your hand and rinse under water, until water is clear.
3. Dry dock. If possible, brushes love to be hung up, bristles facing to the floor toassure all moisture is removed.
4. Quick clean. As needed, use an alcohol-free swab to remove excess makeup in between big washes.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26979Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17115Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9403UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8599Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7948Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7430OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6562Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6162Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6113Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6077Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients