Getting a jump start on fall shopping
Yes, it’s 100 degrees, or close to it, and I’m thinking about tweeds and plaids, hats and opaque tights, boots and coats.
I’m gathering clothes for our September OKC N Style section, a glossy that touches on all things style. We want to wow readers with our fall fashion push, but it’s still July and most of what’s in the stores is lightweight and summery. As it should be.
In these uncertain times, more and more people are buying closer to season and retailers don’t want racks of winter clothes next to end-of-summer clearance. That doesn’t mean there’s no fall clothing from which to choose. But there would be more next week and the week after.
Our section doesn’t publish until Sept.5, when many of us will be ready to ditch those summer whites and reach for — or at least think about — clothes with more substance.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients